Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Why should I be the LA blogger for Barstool?


Great question.  First off I moved to LA after college in 2003 and lived there for two years.  I started on a random friends couch for about two weeks, lived in my car for a couple days, moved in with a random girl on craigslist who did coke all the time and had sex with Ron Jeremy, and eventually met some guys that went to the same school as me and moved into a sick beach house in Santa Monica.  

I worked random jobs and got fired from two of them.  I worked as an assistant to an agent (he prefers his water with no ice), as a casting assistant (Roger Lodge is handsome), as a marketing assistant for an NFL event, as an assistant for an advertisiing company, and as an intern for Reebok.  

I met some weird people, stared at very beautiful women, smoked a lot of pot, took copious amounts of adderall, went to rub and tugs, avoided phone calls from my parents, went to the beach, got stuck in traffic, tried to be cool, had some funny celeb encounters, made some friends, went to a few red carpet parties, and had no idea what I was doing. 

Eventually I was going nowhere, got depressed, moved back home to Boston for two months and took the LSATS. I applied to law school, flew back out to LA, got into law school, thought about getting a real job, but just kind of existed until it was time to move back to Boston and go to school.  Now I’m 32, I’m a lawyer and I really want nothing to do with the law.  I’ve done criminal law, personal injury, real estate, business litigation and some other random tasks.  

I just enjoy making people laugh.  I usually just make fun of myself and have no filter and say something awkward or what really happened.  When you say something random to people you have much better conversations.  Tell someone a personal detail about your life and see what happens in that dark place.  That’s where I live.  

I get really bored with the “Hi, how are you?” “Good and you” exchange.  Tell a person you took too much adderall the night before, ran out of your sleeping pills, and are feeling groggy.  See what happens. Good and you? Nope.  They probably have some prescription for something weird they take as well, have tried to convince a Dr. to prescribe them something, and find it bizarre that they are telling someone this.  

Why? Why what? Did I just blog something? I guess this is my first blog?


You can follow me on twitter @thedavewise

1 comment:

  1. If you are a woman seeking male companionship, for a date, travel, or just a sexy, intelligent man that will impress your friends and business associates, HireMe4Sex has the man you seek

    ReplyDelete