Friday, December 6, 2013

The biggest contribution Nelson Mandela made to our society? His dance moves

Ok, so Nelson Mandela died yesterday and that is sad as fuck.

Actually, it's not really sad because the guy was 95 and not doing well for quite some time.  Living to be 95 is a pretty good run.

It's more just a time to look at the guys life and be like wow. He spent 27 years in jail and then changed the entire social dynamic of an entire country.

But that is not the point of this blog.

I was at a bar last night and the news was on this big TV.  They did a piece on Nelson Mandela and I couldn't hear anything they were saying.

But do you know what I did see?

Clips of him dancing, and they were phenomenal.  That guy could dance with the best of them.

I am serious.  Like at least five clips in a row of him dancing and smiling wearing awesome Hawaiian/African looking shirts. He just moves his arms and rocks back and forth with such enthusiasm for life.

So I will officially will pour some out for my homie that passed away.

RIP Nelson Mandela.  I will always remember your dance moves.


You can follow me on twitter @thedavewise


1 comment: