Wednesday, December 11, 2013

All these Michael Bolton Christmas commercials remind me of the time you could buy CD's in a store

So unless you have been living under a rock, you would know that Michael Bolton is all over TV singing in Christmas commercials.

By the way, I have never understood the phrase "living under a rock." How do you live under a rock? Most rocks are pretty small and if you lived under it you would be underground. Unless it was like a really big rock that was tilted at an angle. Kind of like a boulder. The only rock I have ever seen that was big enough to live under was Plymouth Rock where the pilgrims landed. But you would have to have a tent and some serious supplies to live under there. But anyway......

Michael Bolton is one of the greatest artists of this or any generation so I am glad to see him back in the public eye.

Many many years ago there was this time when if you wanted to buy music you had to go to a store and buy a CD.  These music stores were very successful and all over the place.  Getting a $25 gift coin from Coconuts, Strawberrriess, or Sam Goody's was the last resort present for all occasions.

But back to Michael Bolton.  One time when I was very young my parents took me to one of these stores for the first time.  I walked around and was stopped dead in my tracks.  There it was. A Michael Bolton CD with his beautiful face on the cover.  I had never heard of him before but when I saw his long hair and chiseled face on the cover of that CD I was hooked.

I went home with that square plastic container full of joy of where my life was going. After three hours of trying to open the thing (CD's also came wrapped in clear duck tape) I played that album everyday for years.

So Merry Christmas Michael Bolton.

I am glad to see you back in the spotlight.

(even though I am pissed you cut your hair and that peacoat you have on is too long)


You can follow me on twitter @thedavewise


No comments:

Post a Comment